Doc is one of MHP’s founding fathers. His palmarés is extensive having participated in some of the world’s most gruelling cycle sportives and lived to tell the tale in his own inimitable style.
Cycling is not his only forte, he was voted Muswell Hill Peloton’s funniest man in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
All this has been achieved around a busy professional life which is dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the nation.
1. What is your greatest achievement on a bike?
Riding without stabilisers. (June 1st 2017).
2. What is your favourite everyday word?
3. As a pulmonary consultant, have you ever administered Triamcinolone to combat asthma?
A job with Team Sky beckons.
4.Black pudding or bubble and squeak?
Bubble and squeak.
5. What would be your choice of alternative career?
Own a jazz club.
6. Where and when were you fastest?
Riding away from a pack of wild dogs in the desert in a peasoup fog.
7. Have you ever used Google to make a diagnosis?
I prefer Wikipedia.
8. What is your favourite saying….clue…(in the face of others’ adversity) ?
Always help a friend in need.
Not the immortal, “…it’s every man for himself…”?
Overheard on the road to the Stelvio … June 2nd 2013.
9. Whose turn is it to pay for coffee, Doc’s or The Wattmeister’s?
Trick question…..it is always Doc’s turn.
10. Has Strava had an influence on your cycling?
Yes, it is great, but I have heard that it can become an obsession with men of a certain age Wattmeister.